Are you a customer focussed Product Manager who is passionate about Personal Lines Insurance, with a strong background in Underwriting?
Do you consider customers in everything you do to ensure the products and services you design
If so, we have just the role for you. Based in our Leeds Head Office, as Product Manager, you’ll support the delivery of UK General’s product portfolio to ensure the required return on capital to our insurer
About UK General Insurance
We’re changing the world of personal lines insurance. We want to be first to market with new ideas, opening up rewarding markets for brokers and trading partners. We want to be
Why join UK General Insurance?
We reward talent, hard work
What can we offer you?
We hold the Gold Standard of Accreditation from Investors in People – that’s the highest possible level. It
• Career progression, with significant training and development
• An excellent rewards & benefits package,
About the role
You will support the development and implementation of the Product’s Team strategies in line with the Company’s objectives and will assist with the development and execution of the product strategy. You will also;
• Maintain an awareness and understanding of external market developments and activity relevant to the Products Function
• Preparing product and conduct overviews for inclusion in monthly Board reporting
• Assist with developing and managing the product review schedule. Take into account the size of the account, performance, value measures and documentation available to support the product
• Lead product reviews to deliver a strategy by each product
• Identify opportunities for new Product Development and present initial proposals to the appropriate Committee
• Project manage stakeholders as part of the project review/new product development process to ensure input is gathered from across the business
• Produce market analyses and consider opportunities for all distribution methods at our disposal including B2C
• Consider sources of customer feedback that can be
• Produce product review/product development proposal documents and present findings and recommendations to the appropriate committee ensuring all regulatory and conduct elements have been considered and addressed
• Ensure signoff is gained in accordance with the Company Product Governance Policy and Products Policy review and Development Handbook
• Development and maintenance of product templates and baselines for each product which can be incorporated within the underwriting guides
• Implement agreed recommendations through approved distribution channels and deliver supporting documents to the Underwriting, Claims and BDM team.
• To provide training to the BDMs and underwriters on product changes
• Proactively gain an understanding of regulatory/compliance developments and
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior underwriting or product role that has ideally included Legal Expenses
• Experience gained within a B2C environment is desirable
• Good working knowledge of relevant insurance markets
• Preferably ACII qualified or working towards
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent
If this role sounds like the role for you then please press APPLY below!