Terms and Conditions
JOBS DIRECT GROUP LIMITED
BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING YOUR USE OF JOBS DIRECT GROUP LIMITED’S WEBSITES AND IN THIS INSTANCE THE TRADING BRAND OF JOBSDIRECT.CO.UK. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
1. In this Agreement the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings unless the context requires otherwise:-
- ADVERTISEMENT: any advertisement issued by Jobs Direct Group Limited on behalf of the Client
- AGREEMENT: these standard Terms and Conditions;
- APPLICANT: a jobseeker who applies for a vacancy advertised on the website or social media pages;
- APPLICATION: an application made by a jobseeker to a live vacancy advertised on this website, affiliate websites or social media pages;
- CLIENT: the person(s) who have signed an order form contract for use of the Jobs Direct Group Limited website and services;
- CV: the curriculum vitae or brief outline details of a jobseeker’s education, training, skills and employment experience which is provided to Jobs Direct Group Limited by a Jobseeker for distribution to clients with a view to securing employment; Jobs Direct Group Limited JobsDirect’s parent company Jobs Direct Group Limited (company number 8157375);
- JOBSEEKER: a person who uses the website for the purpose of finding employment;
- REGISTRATION: the process a jobseeker completes in order to store and save their details for the purposes of securing employment;
- SERVICES: the services which Jobs Direct Group Limited has agreed to provide to the client and the services which are available on the Website for use by jobseekers; Order Form Contract: the service agreement entered into between the client and Jobs Direct Group Limited;
- WEBSITE: the website at www.jobsdirect.co.uk or any other website operated and maintained by Jobs Direct Group Limited from time to time;
2. APPLICATION OF THE TERMS
1. This Agreement to the exclusion of all previous terms and conditions issued by Jobs Direct Group Limited shall apply to any jobseeker who uses Jobs Direct Group Limited after the date on which this Agreement was posted on the Website.
2. This Agreement is deemed to be fully read, understood and accepted by the Jobseeker upon acceptance of this Agreement during Registration, or in the case of a Jobseeker who has not completed Registration, when an Application is made.
3. No variation or alteration to this agreement or any representations about the services shall have any effect unless expressly agreed and confirmed in writing by a director of Jobs Direct Group Limited.
3. SERVICES GENERALLY
1. Jobs Direct Group Limited does not make any representation whatsoever about any Advertisement accessed either on, by virtue of or by way of any links from the website nor about any of the clients who use services on the website. Jobs Direct Group Limited relies on information provided to it by clients and via third parties and accordingly it is a matter for the jobseeker to satisfy itself as to the suitability of any client using services on the website or of any advertisement found directly or indirectly through the website or social media pages.
2. Jobs Direct Group Limited shall be entitled at any time without notifying the jobseeker to make changes to the services which are necessary to comply with any applicable security or other statutory requirements and shall determine the manner in which the Services are provided
3. Any intellectual property, ideas, concepts or techniques developed by Jobs Direct Group Limited or obtained during the execution of the Services will be owned exclusively by Jobs Direct Group Limited.
4. Jobs Direct Group Limited shall not be responsible for any failure to provide the services, or unavailability of the website, as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
5. The Jobseeker accepts that Jobs Direct Group Limited shall not be liable for any failure to provide the Services (or any part thereof) as a result of the jobseeker’s failure to comply with this agreement.
6. The Jobseeker agrees to provide Jobs Direct Group Limited any information necessary to enable Jobs Direct Group Limited to provide those services in any a format as Jobs Direct Group Limited may request.
7. Jobs Direct Group Limited shall not be obliged to provide those services until the jobseeker has supplied it with the information, necessary to provide those services.
If the Jobseeker has saved their details and stored a CV on Jobs Direct Group Limited, the provisions of this term 4 shall apply thereto.
1. The Services are subject to any instructions from a Jobseeker that his or her details should or should not be made available to the client and Jobs Direct Group Limited will only make available or supply copies of the CVs which have been received by it for distribution to clients of Jobs Direct Group Limited solely for the purpose of securing suitable employment for the Jobseeker.
2. Jobs Direct Group Limited cannot guarantee the minimum number of times a CV will be viewed by or distributed to Clients on any given day.
3. Jobs Direct Group Limited may, at its discretion and without notice, report improper or illegal use of CVs or the Services by the jobseeker to its clients.
4. Jobs Direct Group Limited has the right at its sole discretion to decline to distribute or forward, or to suspend or remove any jobseeker information or CV accepted by it.
5. Jobs Direct Group Limited may refuse, withdraw, or require to be amended, any jobseeker information or CV which is illegal, immoral, obscene or offensive or so as to comply with the legal or moral obligations placed upon Jobs Direct Group Limited or the Jobseeker or to avoid infringing a third party’s rights or any statutory or regulatory requirements or is designed to or is likely to cause disruption to any computer system or network.
6. The Jobseeker hereby undertakes that:
- 6.1. the details and CV they store and save on Jobs Direct Group Limited are a true and accurate reflection of their education, employment, training history and that their personal details are correct;
- 6.2. that if any of the information stored and saved on Jobs Direct Group Limited for the purposes of securing employment is found to be false or inaccurate in any way, that Jobs Direct Group Limited reserves the right to remove those details and/or suspend the use of the Services on the Website for the Jobseeker;
- 6.3. in respect of any information or CV submitted by the Jobseeker which contains the name or pictorial representation (photographic or otherwise) of any living person and/or any part of any living person and/or any copy by which any living person is or can be identified the Jobseeker has obtained the authority of such living person to make use of such name, representation and/or copy;
5. APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATIONS FORMS
If the Jobseeker makes an Application or is required to complete an application form as part of an application, the provisions of this term 5 shall apply thereto:
1. The Jobseeker hereby undertakes that:
- 1.1. they have fully read and understood the requirements of a vacancy advertisement on the website to which they make an application;
- 1.2. they have the appropriate skills and qualifications required by the client and the necessary qualifications required by law;
- 1.3. they satisfy or will attend to the necessary immigration requirements of the country in which the position will be situated;
- 1.4. the details they provide to the client as part of an application or in an application form are a true and accurate reflection of their education, employment, training history and that their personal details are correct;
- 1.5. that if any of the information used in an application or application form is found to be false or inaccurate in any way, that Jobs Direct Group Limited reserves the right to remove those details and/or suspend the use of the services on the website for the jobseeker;
- 1.6. in respect of any information submitted during the application by the jobseeker which contains the name or pictorial representation (photographic or otherwise) of any living person and/or any part of any living person and/or any copy by which any living person is or can be identified, the jobseeker has obtained the authority of such living person to make use of such name, representation and/or copy.
3. Jobs Direct Group Limited has the right at its sole discretion to decline to distribute or forward, or to suspend or remove any application accepted by it.
4. Jobs Direct Group Limited may refuse, withdraw, or require to be amended, any Application which is illegal, immoral, obscene or offensive or so as to comply with the legal or moral obligations placed upon Jobs Direct Group Limited or the Jobseeker or to avoid infringing a third party’s rights or any statutory or regulatory requirements or is designed to or is likely to cause disruption to any computer system or network.
5. When a Jobseeker makes an Application through the Website, Jobs Direct Group Limited will pass the Jobseeker’s details to the Client who placed the Advertisement for the purpose of that one Application only.
6. The Jobseeker accepts that Jobs Direct Group Limited cannot be held responsible for the content of Advertisements on the Website and that no obligations are imposed on Jobs Direct Group Limited in this regard.
6. JOBSEEKERS OBLIGATIONS
1. The Jobseeker agrees that:
- 1.1. it has read, understood and agrees to the Privacy Statement on in Term 7;
- 1.2. it will keep confidential and not disclose to any person the password used by them in relation to the Services;
- 1.3. it will be responsible for any misuse of all such passwords.
1. Jobs Direct Group Limited has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. At Jobs Direct Group Limited and our Associated Companies, we take your privacy seriously. Please be assured that we will safeguard any information that you provide. We will never release your personal details to other companies without your express permission. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for all web sites operated by Jobs Direct Group Limited.
2. The Protection of Your CV
We regard your CV as a very personal document and we wish you to have full control over who can view it and whether or not you wish to have your contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address etc.) visible to recruiters.
3. Application Forms
When you apply for positions with some of our Clients, you will be requested to complete an application. The information submitted by you on the application form will be used by our Client to assess your suitability for the position to which it applies. We are not responsible for framing the questions in our Client’s application forms, and merely provide the electronic means to enable our Client to present the application form to you, and to collect the application form once it has been completed by you. We do not process any of the data in completed forms which we present to our Clients in our applicants’ database. We may, however, temporarily store your completed forms or papers. You expressly agree, acknowledge and accept that we provide this service as a mere conduit for the applications forms. Whilst we will use our best endeavours to ensure that the application form is suitable for its purpose using suitable protection methods, please note that we do not guarantee that our protection methods will ensure that the application form does not include:
- false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- material that infringes third party’s Intellectual Property Rights;
- defamatory, libellous or otherwise unlawful information;
- information that violate any law, statute, regulation or order (including, without limitation, those concerning consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or the advertising prohibited goods or services); or
- any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, cancelbot or other code that contains contaminating or destructive properties;
3.1. We cannot accept any liability for any direct or indirect damages (including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of contracts), or any consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or any other monetary or other damages or liabilities arising out of or relating to your use of the application form. In addition, we reserve the right to remove your completed application form and suspend our services in relation to it if we consider in our absolute discretion that providing the service may incur a legal liability for you, our Clients, or us. If you have any concerns over any application form, please contact us for advice. Our contact details are set out below.
4. We may use your personal data to contact you from time to time and provide you with marketing information about us, other companies within Digital Recruitment Media or our partners which we think may be of interest to you. Such information will either be sent by us or by our agents on our behalf and therefore, we may disclose your personal data to our agents for this purpose. If at any time you wish to stop the delivery of such information you can opt-out of any unwanted emails or alternatively please contact our Client Relationship Team.
5. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. You can gain access to your Jobs Direct Group Limited account and modify the information stored there by supplying an email address and password. You must ensure that this information is kept secret.
6. As a recruitment site we do not specifically collect information about children. We believe that children should get their parents’ consent before giving out personal information. If you are concerned about your child’s use of any of our web sites we encourage you to use Web filtering technology to supervise your child’s access to the site.
7. We allow users to opt-out of having third party information sent to them at any time, and allow users to hide their CVs both at the time that the CV is placed on the site, and at any time afterwards.
1. Jobs Direct Group Limited will not be liable (whether in contract or tort) for:
- 1.1. any loss of copy, artwork, photographs, data, CVs or other materials that the Jobseeker supplies to Jobs Direct Group Limited and the Jobseeker shall be responsible for retaining in its possession sufficient quality and quantity of such materials for whatsoever purposes it may require;
- 1.2. any mistakes or errors whatsoever that arise during the course of use of the Services or any loss of information or data or any damage thereto in each case as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control or which arise as a result of the acts or omissions of the Jobseeker;
- 1.3. for any failure to secure employment or consequential loss (whether caused by the negligence of Jobs Direct Group Limited, its employees or agents);
- 1.4. any delay, costs, expense, loss, damage or liability (including without limitation as a result of any hardware failure, provision or use of software, virus, deletion, corruption, loss or removal of data) howsoever caused arising from any matter beyond the reasonable control of Jobs Direct Group Limited or as a result of the acts or omissions of the Jobseeker;
- 1.5. any loss or damage whatsoever howsoever caused arising out of the negligence, dishonesty, misconduct, breach of faith, incompetence, or the wrongful disclosure of confidential information by, any Client. It is for the Jobseeker to satisfy itself as to the integrity and reliability of all vacancy Advertisements placed on the Website;
- 1.6. any breach of agreement or infringement or violation of any right of any person or be rendered liable to any proceedings whatsoever, as a result of any information or CV or Application submitted to it by the Jobseeker and the Jobseeker indemnifies Jobs Direct Group Limited against all costs, claims, damages, loss, expenses and liabilities suffered or incurred by Jobs Direct Group Limited as a result of this undertaking and warranty being incorrect.
- 2. 8.2. The Jobseeker agrees and acknowledges that no condition, warranty or representation of any kind is, has been, or will be, given by or on behalf of Jobs Direct Group Limited in respect of or in connection with the Services and accordingly the Jobseeker confirms that it has not, in accepting this Agreement, relied on any condition, warranty or representation by Jobs Direct Group Limited or any person on its behalf, express or implied, whether arising by law or otherwise in relation to or in connection with the Services. The benefit of any such condition, warranty or representation by Jobs Direct Group Limited is hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waived by the Jobseeker.
9. TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
1. This Agreement apply unless replaced by subsequent Conditions or unless terminated under Clause 9.2 of this Agreement.
2. Either party may, at its sole discretion, terminate the provision of the Services to the Jobseeker at any time by notice in writing to the other party (the “Defaulting Party”) if the Defaulting Party is in breach of this Agreement and fails to remedy such breach within 14 days of notice from the other party requiring it to be remedied.
3. The Jobseeker shall be responsible for all reasonable costs, claims, damages, loss, expenses and liabilities incurred by Jobs Direct Group Limited arising out of the Jobseeker’s breach of its obligations under this Agreement (including, without limitation, on a solicitor and own client basis, any legal fees and disbursements reasonably incurred by Jobs Direct Group Limited).
1. Notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement shall:
- 1.1. be in writing addressed to that other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other relevant address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the other party giving the notice; or
- 1.2. be in the form of an email addressed to Jobs Direct Group Limited at email@example.com (or such other address as supplied by Jobs Direct Group Limited) or if to the Jobseeker, to the address provided in the Jobseeker’s details submitted during Registration or as subsequently amended and the Jobseeker will be deemed to have received such notification within one hour of transmission.
2. The Jobseeker is responsible for notifying Jobs Direct Group Limited of any changes to its email address. Such notification shall request an acknowledgement of receipt and shall be confirmed in writing and sent to Jobs Direct Group Limited by email.
1. If any provision of this Agreement shall be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision, which shall remain in full force and effect.
2. Any waiver by Jobs Direct Group Limited of any breach of, or any default under, any provision of this Agreement by the Jobseeker will not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default and will in no way affect the other terms of this Agreement.
3. Failure or delay by Jobs Direct Group Limited in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights under this Agreement.
4. The parties to this Agreement do not intend that any clause of this Agreement will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
1. This Agreement and any contract into which this Agreement are incorporated, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This schedule replaces all previous schedules to these terms and conditions.
CONTACTING THE WEBSITE
If you have any questions, concerns or comments regarding JobsDirect.co.uk please contact us:
Jobs Direct Group Limited, West Wing, Bowcliffe Hall, Bramham, Leeds, LS23 6LP
Tel. 0844 856 5444